Twiggles and Trunks

Wife to Mr. Man, my personal G.I. Joe. Momma to Kid1, Kid2, & Kid3 & coming soon kid4. I'm just a Gal trying to live as self sustaining as suburbanly possible. A craft addict, homebaking extraodinaire, & seamstress.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

homemade corn dog muffins

My girls are almost 4 and almost 2 years old.
They're both good eaters. Getting them to try new foods has never been a problem.
But I get bored of making the same foods over & over.
I like to serve fun foods.
if it looks yummy, then it may taste yummy.

the other day I spent an entire nap time drooling over the blog lick the bowl good
when I came across THIS post, I knew I had to make them as soon as possible.

I didn't have any jiffy cornbread mix on hand, so a quick google search
brought me to this

Ingredients

  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • i1 cup whole milk (i used half & half)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • paper muffin cups and a 12-cup muffin tin (i needed x16 spaces, so i used x2 muffin sheets)
  • hotdogs

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.

Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers.

slice up hotdogs into bite size pieces (i used organic prairie brand) i fit x5 small pieces into each muffin

Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.

serve with homemade mac & cheese with a side of applesauce


These were good. really really really REALLY good.

I may or may not have ate x3 muffins + a giant heaping of mac & cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment