Twiggles and Trunks

Wife to Mr. Man, my personal G.I. Joe. Momma to Kid1, Kid2, & Kid3 & coming soon kid4. I'm just a Gal trying to live as self sustaining as suburbanly possible. A craft addict, homebaking extraodinaire, & seamstress.

Friday, October 30, 2009

homemade popcorn


wow. this is one of those things that is so easy i feel stupid for not doing it all along.
popcorn. made from kernels. in the microwave.
not the store bought pre bagged kind, (complete with nasty chemicals :::yuck::: )
but the kind that you prepare yourself, from scratch :::gasp:::

it's easy.
i promise.
a quick swagbucks search brought me to here

what you need:
bag of popcorn kernels
(i store mine in a mason jar)
paper bag
microwave
measuring cup

  1. Pour a quarter cup of popcorn kernels into a paper bag.
  1. Fold the top of the bag three times.
  2. Place the paper bag in the microwave.
  1. Set the timer for 40 to 60 seconds.
  1. Remove the bag and pour the popcorn into a dish.
  1. Cook unpopped kernels for about 15 to 20 seconds.
  2. (mine took 60 seconds;
  3. (be aware that this will make a mess in your microwave. why i thought the kernels would pop & stay in the bowl is beyond me?)
  1. Serve.


2 comments:

  1. I love "real" popcorn, but I have never made it in the microwave. I will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this! Fantastic! Going to try it now. Even if it's only 8 a.m. ;o) Thanks for the link! ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete