Twiggles and Trunks

Wife to Mr. Man, my personal G.I. Joe. Momma to Kid1, Kid2, & Kid3 & coming soon kid4. I'm just a Gal trying to live as self sustaining as suburbanly possible. A craft addict, homebaking extraodinaire, & seamstress.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

homemade applesauce

this recipe is so easy
sooooooooooooooo simple
ready?
peel a bushel of apples (like 12 or so)
cut them into same sizeish pieces
toss them into crock pot
sprinkle some cinnamon over the apple chunks
cook on low for 2.5ish hours
when you start to smell the yumminess, mash the warm apples up (i use a fork)
let them cook a little bit longer (if you can)
turn crock pot off, let applesauce cool down
exercise self restraint when consuming.
i've been known to eat an entire batch in one day
(during nap-time, so the kids didn't even get any)
this batch i hope to give to the neighbors (because i'm great like that)

1 comment:

  1. YU-UM! I have a crockpot! I'm making this tonight (as soon as I go to the store and buy some apples) thanks pal!

    ReplyDelete